Monday, December 13, 2010

Home Improvement part I
























































Okay... so ... for almost a year now we've had this hickory wide plank hard wood sitting in boxes on our side porch. I was certain that even though they had been safe under our porch...out of the weather... they would still have acquired some type of damage sitting out for so long......but....not so !! The hubs and his Dad spent two days laying this floor down in our kitchen and laundry room and ...oh.. I just absolutely LOVE it!!! I love the rustic look of the wood!




The kids are really excited and ready for Christmas! Ella had fun helping me get the tree decorated and has loved helping wrap a few presents! Ella & I stood in line for about 20 minutes last week to visit with Santa.....she was so excited and would shout at him "Santa, Santa..I'm almost there.." Once we finally made our way to his chair.... she froze. She did sit on his lap .... but she would not crack a smile...nor would she even look at him. They wouldn't allow parents to have cameras (they were taking the pictures for you to buy..) but I just couldn't bring myself to spend $20 on a picture!! We may try again later this week! Enjoy the pictures and stay tuned for some great family Christmas pictures taken by a new photographer in town!!